This is one of those things you really don’t need to be stressed about. The key is to just to get together and talk about your shared hobbies and interests. From there, you’ll be able to find your engagement session style and incorporate it into your photographs seamlessly.
- Think about your shared hobbies and passions. For example, do you both love music? Or is cooking every night something you always do together? Maybe you love to go swing dancing.
- Your professions can definitely contribute to your session style. Is he a firefighter? A scientist? A farmer? Is she a chef? A kindergarten teacher? A geologist? Whatever the case may be, incorporate your professional lives into your photographs. Maybe it’s as simple as a chalkboard, a hay bale, or a chef’s hat.
- Are you into sports? Show some team spirit in your photographs with jerseys, sports equipment or something similar.
- What’s your favorite kind of music? Are you both country lovers? Maybe you’re more into the classical music scene. Don’t be afraid to dress the part.
- Where do you feel like you’re really in your element? Is it outdoors at your favorite park? In the museum perusing the art? Or maybe you love the buzz of a colorful city.
- What always makes you two laugh or have fun? Maybe it’s a board game or a visit to the fair or circus.
These are just a few of many different things that can go into planning your engagement session. But, of course, the most important thing is to just HAVE FUN!
For more tips on how to work your favorite hobbies into your session, you can also read my blog post Incorporating your hobbies into your engagement session.